Wednesday, May 14, 2008

MOTHER'S DAY

BITTER SWEET
This is a difficult day for me. While I love the cards from the kids and wonderful gifts from my husband. It is only a huge reminder that I do not have a mother to go and visit and bring a gift. I miss her more everyday. As I am going through a challenging time with having more work, chores, errands, etc, etc. than is possible to accomplish with babies, toddlers, and teenagers at the same time. I reflect on how my mother survived having nine children and this was before Prozac was invented. She is an amazing example of many things: determination, education, poise, positive attitude, integrity and on, and on. The thing that I miss the most is her hugs. I will forever remember how soft her skin was and how she smelled. There was always a feeling that everything is going to be okay.

On a lighter side... Porter's Mother's Day card will definitely be saved. He wrote that he never wants to leave me. I think that I will have to pull it out when he tells me that he is thinking about getting married.

Sean does such a great job of trying to take care of me and make it a good day. Thanks baby!

6 comments:

Thompson Family said...

Nice to see you finally updated your blog. Good to see your family is not much different than mine. Crazy! I think it is so great that all of us got the same feeling from our mom...secure, calming, and LOVE! I can only hope to give that to my kids. Little sis you are adorable and I love you!!

Unknown said...

ahhh I'm so sorry it's a bitter sweet day for u! I actually meant to do a post on this subject and never got to it. I have a few other friends that too have the whole bitter sweet feelings. I imagine the only comfort is knowing u will be with her again.I can't imagine how hard it is!! I have a few other friends that struggle with it because their husbands and kids DON'T make it a special day......I'm happy your kids and hubby tried to make it a little easier!

A Little Sass said...

What a sweet post Mary Jane. I can't even imagine how much you miss her. You are such a good mom and there is no question why!

Jill said...

Thank you for saying many words I feel about Mom. Yesterday I re-read my wedding poem she wrote me and I still cry that my mom was the most gifted, talented and brilliant woman on earth. We are so lucky that we had her in our life for the moments that we did. Now we pass that gift on to our children! I love you mudge!

Kari said...

Thanks for sharing! She has got to be super proud of you! btw, I seriously look up to the great mother you are to your children! I can barely handle two! You are an inpiration.:)

Wallflower said...

Commenting a little late. Just stumbled upon your blog. I am 52, lost my Mom 10 years ago. Understand all the feelings. My Mom was in a nursing home for 5 years before she died. She missed a lot of my 2 boys lives. This year on Mother's Day it was also my Birthday. My Father passed away 5 years ago, so I bought 2 roses in their memory. My Dad used to like to give a single rose to my Mom. The roses seemed to bloom forever. I took the day as more of a thankfulness, reflection on my great parents. I am in the next phase of life, boys are out on their own. One is married and I have 2 grandkids. Still miss my parents and feel like their little girl.